Friday, August 31, 2012

Back to School

It is a running joke in my family that if I do something once it becomes tradition. We'll, in that light, since I think I've posted our first day of school pictures for a couple (or three?) years now, I've got to continue. If you are new to this blog please know that it is not only a place I share things God is showing me, or thoughts on issues, but also a place I share slices of my life. I do so not arrogantly, thinking tons of people will care, but knowing that many of my readers are people who have come here knowing me and who have an interest in me and family. For you new readers, I welcome you to my life! I'd love to get to know more about yours!

With that said, today was our first classroom day of homeschool. Bethany is entering 6th-grade, and Abigail 2nd, and they are sure excited. We already have had some awesome instruction in matters of God at LIFE Camp as well as some other educational days, but this was the first in our classroom. I guess that is why, though we fall back into the word "homeschool," we find the expression "home education" a much more proper description of what we've chosen to do. The word "school" when attached to "home" implies to us (not everybody) that the learning/teaching stops when the "official" day is over, and it tends to subconsciously force us to try and compare to, or match, public school decisions about what is taught at what age, etc. It may seem like a small thing, but that shift in words was very freeing to us!

So, here's some pictures so you can share our day! Thanks for being interested! May you be deeply aware of God's love for you and nearness with you this long weekend, and may your "rest" in Him.   —Erick

Praying and then blowing the Shofar to start the year.


Excited girls . . . of course with a hot drink. It's tradition!


I am so blessed! Thanks, Lord!

Posing with their end of year presentations from last year. Abigail did volcanoes,
Bethany did Incredible Creatures that Defy Evolution.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, I look forward to and value your sharing. Due to a large number of SPAM comments, you will need to enter a word verification before your comment will be sent to me for moderation. Your comment will be visible after I publish it. Erick

P.S. If you want to have follow up comments to yours sent to your email address, click on the "Subscribe by email" link below. You will need to do this for each post you want to follow comments on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails