Monday, July 15, 2013

A Great Reminder

This blog post by Randy Alcorn is well worth Christians reading, being reminded of, and checking ourselves against. I was made powerfully aware recently in a study of Jesus' parable of the seed along the road (Matthew 13:1–23, Mark 4:1–20, Luke 8:4–15) that we did in our men's group that:

1. The second seed didn't bear fruit because of the trials of our faith coming to bear on us. The Word was received with joy, but then under persecution and trouble they fell away.

2. The third seed grew, it just got choked out by the cares and riches and pleasures of this world, and it was unfruitful (or remained immature).

I believe Randy's article speaks to an antidote to both of these dangers in a powerful and concise way.

http://www.epm.org/blog/2013/Jul/14/eternal-truths

2 comments:

  1. Randy Alcorn is great. Have you read his book, "If God is Good?" Terrific book on reconciling suffering and the life of a believer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big fan of Randy's fiction. I haven't read the book you mentioned but I've heard a lot about it and I sort of followed the progression of it through his email newsletter.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments, I look forward to and value your sharing. Due to a large number of SPAM comments, you will need to enter a word verification before your comment will be sent to me for moderation. Your comment will be visible after I publish it. Erick

P.S. If you want to have follow up comments to yours sent to your email address, click on the "Subscribe by email" link below. You will need to do this for each post you want to follow comments on.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails